Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
West Virginia during the Mason Dixon 20-20
04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
West Virginia during the Mason Dixon 20-20
I think that one of my most memorable rides was riding down the concrete highway (forget the #) in West Virginia a few years back. Now, I don't mind highway cruising on my K1100LT, especially when there's a nice view and a smooth road.

I remember vividly, cruising at slightly better than highway speed... there was just about zero traffic, it was sunny and bright, and the road was like a wide ski slope boulevard sweeping up, down, and around. It was a whole lot like flying! On occasion I would look down at my speedometer and be surprised by my speed... then back off pretty quickly!! It was hard to tell just how fast I was going. The sun reflected off the light colored concrete kind of making it look like a snow field. Best was the green on the hills and side of the highway that contrasted with the brightly lit road. It seemed to go on forever.

There have been several rides I've taken that felt like that. Rather than the mini race track of a back woods narrow road, the wide open and calling to just keep riding.

--
Shawn Blair
'97 K1100LT, Mystic Red
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply