Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fenda Extenda and Supplimental Brake Lights
08-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Fenda Extenda and Supplimental Brake Lights
Has anyone here put a "Fenda Extenda" on the front fender of their bike? Have you done it without drilling holes and using screws? I'm putting one on my new bike and would like to do it without drilling holes and using screws which I think detracts from the beauty of the bike. If you did....what kind of adhesive did you use and how did it work out? Thanks.

I'm also planning on adding the BMW brake light flashers that go on the license plate holder of the bike and have a double line of leds at the bottom under the license plate. I know they come with a wiring harness and everthing, is there anyone out there that has installed one of these and how involved is it? I'm guessing it's probably not a big deal, but would like to hear about it if anyone has had experience with this. It's the BMW lights, not the hyperlites. . Don Kent 2009 R1200RT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
RE: Fenda Extenda and Supplimental Brake Lights
Don, sometimes you just need to make some holes so that things will stay where you want them to be. they can be covered with matching paint and nobody will ever see them unless they are really looking.
As far as lights go, as long as a relay is not needed which take up valuable space, adding lights is usually quite simple. Hopefully the bus setup does not mess that up.
Eric
Rolleyes

Eric
Keep the rubber side down!!
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks Eric! Don
09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
West system epoxy with glass beads. Clean the extender and the fender with gasoline them apply the epoxy mixture to both surfaces before fitting the extender. I stuffed a rag between the fender and the tire to hold extender in place while epoxy dried. No fasteners required.