Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Maine 400
04-02-2008, 02:05 PM
The Maine 400
Most members have heard about the Maine 400 that Bob Collin and I are Rallymasters for. The ride is a single day, introductory "long distance" event. No rider will do much more than 400 miles over the day. The concept is to learn what it is like to plan the route for a rally, satsifying some basic requirements while trying to capture as many 'bonus' points as possible. It is a competition... to see who can plan best, meet the base requirements, and pick up the most points. It is not about speeding around the state crazily. In fact, that sort of riding will get you bounced.

It is a really fun activity that keeps you on your bike all day, rain or shine. It engages your brain and challenges your navigation skills.

For more on the event and for registration information, visit http://www.maine400.com.

For those interested, we are still looking for a couple volunteers to help score the riders at the end of the day, and to assist in both the early morning start (at Reynolds Motorsports) and the finish.

--
Shawn Blair
'97 K1100LT, Mystic Red
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
RE: The Maine 400
I should be able to help out again this year with the scoring and possibly the start too.

Eric

Eric
Keep the rubber side down!!
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2008, 07:14 PM
RE: The Maine 400
Thanks, Erik. I'll pass that along to Bob as well.

--
Shawn Blair
'97 K1100LT, Mystic Red
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user