Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connect an I-Pod?
01-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Connect an I-Pod?
Hello all,
I ride a 2003 CLC w/ the single CD player and AM/FM. Does anyone know the easiest way to hook up an I-Pod to this set-up? I have read some threads on other boards but I find the info rather confusing. So...any advice for a simpleton? Or maybe even better...is there anywhere to have the installation done by someone who knows what they are doing?
Thanks in advance,
Stephen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
RE: Connect an I-Pod?
(01-29-2009 12:58 PM)macman Wrote:  Hello all,
I ride a 2003 CLC w/ the single CD player and AM/FM. Does anyone know the easiest way to hook up an I-Pod to this set-up? I have read some threads on other boards but I find the info rather confusing. So...any advice for a simpleton? Or maybe even better...is there anywhere to have the installation done by someone who knows what they are doing?
Thanks in advance,
Stephen

Stephen,

I wasn't even aware the CL's had a radio option. I guess you'd have to know the model of the stereo unit and whether or not there were any inputs built in to it. Otherwise you'd have to get a wiring schematic and figure out how to hack into the speaker system which might be sort of nasty. Another option is hooking the output of the IPOD to a decent FM transmitter and tuning the FM to a non-used frequency. Then there would be no wires and you could keep the IPOD and FM transmitter in a tankbag or saddlebag. There could be a caveat of electrical interference with this option depending on your bike and the quality of the FM transmitter unit.

I'm actually wiring in 2 sets of PIAA lights, a GPS power/audio cable, a fuse block, a couple of autoswitches, a voltmeter/thermometer, and doing an HID headlight conversion on my new GS and hope to wrap it up this weekend.

BTW, if you're still interested in a tech day, stay tuned. Maybe we'll set one up in April on the day of the Saturday the MOA mileage contest signup. I'm just finishing the service of mine, but I'm sure we can find a volunteer.

Ride Safe,

Don

2004 R1150GSA
Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply