Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vermont Trip
07-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Vermont Trip
[img][Image: LakeChamplain7172012018.jpg][/img]

I just got back from an 800-900 mile mini-road trip to Vermont and thought I'd post on it, thinking this might encourage other people to do the same and share their travel experiences no matter how big or small they might be. I wanted to go to Vermont for a couple of days because I really hadn't been there in a couple of years and have never been to Grand Isle on Lake Champlain (picture above is dawn on Lake Champlain). I cruised around part of Lake Champlain and went south through the mountains going through Smuggler's Notch and actually had one mildly anxious moment going down the backside of the notch.........I hadn't been through there in probably 20 or more years and had forgotten how tight those hairpin turns are going back down the mountain. My travel plan was to go to Brattleboro and visit some family members, camp at Fort Dummer State Park (nice place, cheap, clean and a stone's throw from downtown Brattleboro) and then come home the next day. I did make a stop at one of my favorite dining establishments when I lived in Vermont, Curtis' BBQ.....I gave up my diet for a meal and had the righteous experience of Curtis' BBQ ribs....yum, yum. A great ride and it reminded me that all the really beautiful places in Vermont smell like cow s--t. If you find you have a couple of days and want to do a few miles, go to Vermont......you'll be glad you did.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply