Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kancamangus Highway Advisory
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 10:47 AM by beemeup.)
Kancamangus Highway Advisory
If you are thinking about a ride over the Kanc, check to see if it's open before you go. I was over there last Friday (9/9/11) and it's closed from mile 15 on........you can't get to Lincoln from Conway on the Kanc until they re-open it. Bear Notch Road was also closed. DonSad

Disregard this notice, apparently it's been re-opened.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/closures.htm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2011, 11:23 PM
RE: Kancamangus Highway Advisory
Thanks for the heads up, though, Don. And, the link.

--
Shawn Blair
'97 K1100LT, Mystic Red
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2011, 05:38 AM
One word of caution I would add though......I ran into a speed trap on the Kanc yesterday right at the beginning. There were two state cops right around the first curve with a speed gun flagging people over. The NH state cop was nice and let me off with a warning thankfully. A word to the wise...watch out for speed traps on the Kanc! Don
09-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Don....I think you need to a lot faster..no need to get pulled over and let off with a warning..try to see how close you can get to the 'criminal' over the limit speed next time

Eric
Keep the rubber side down!!
09-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Eric,
I think I came as close to "criminal" speeding as I want to get this time! He told me I was 17 miles over the limit and that he could have given me a $200 ticket. The state trooper was a good guy though, he asked me where I was going and made some scenic route suggestions, said I should stop somewhere along the way and have a nice meal...He told me that he thought I had a beautiful bike, etc.....I think I said "yes sir" more times in 5 minutes than I have at any time in my life. All in all though it was a beautiful day to be cruising in the mountains. DonCool